International Paper Business Unit Manager - Paper in ROME MILL, Georgia
What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
The Business Unit Manager – Paper at our Rome, GA Linerboard Paper Mill will be responsible for planning and directing the work activities and resources of the Paper Production Operations in accordance with cost control, quality, and compliance specifications for 2,600 tons per day production integrated linerboard mill.
• Maintains budgeted production requirements at planned quality and lowest possible cost..
• Works with maintenance staff to determine ways to assure and improve the reliability of equipment and systems.
• Assure safety awareness, safe work and compliance with safety rules and policies in all work performed by Crew.
• Provides assistance and technical advice necessary to assist in the operations process.
• Provides assistance and technical advice necessary to assist in the Capital process.
• Leadership, including workforce engagement, diversity, employee development and labor relations
• Communicate mill and department performance levels and standards to Operators
• Responsible for ensuring that all work is performed in accordance with Plant Rules, SOPs and Corporate Policies and Requirements.
• Keep current documentation on allowable environmental permit limits and assure compliance with all rules, regulations and laws.
Key Competencies Include:
• Building Effective Teams
• Command Skills
• Customer Focus
• Managing Vision and Purpose
• Business Acumen
• People Development
• Strategic Agility
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or related Engineering field
Minimum of 3-5 years of progressive, post-baccalaureate experience in Paper Production Operations
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.
[[city]] [[sapState]] [[postalcode]]