International Paper Mechanical Maintenance Planner in BOGALUSA MILL, Louisiana
What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
Mechanical Maintenance Planner
2 Positions Available
Mechanical Planner – Mechanical Planner will plan for jobs that encompass:
- Inspect, test, repair, install and maintain mechanical equipment including but not limited to: pumps (all types), turbines, valves, couplings, conveyors, gearboxes, tanks, and mill infrastructure items.
Function and Scope
Plan maintenance weekly work, routine outages and annual outages. Duties may include equipment data collection and entry, and document processing requiring in-depth analysis, independent judgment, and a comprehensive knowledge of company and/or department procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
Plan work orders, order non-store stock material, verify store stock material for all work orders and generate purchase requisitions.
Estimate and plan scheduled routine and annual outages.
Develop and maintain a 2-week planned backlog on maintenance activities that have been prioritized by the area’s Operations and Maintenance Coordinator (OMC)
Work with maintenance and vendors for best material for the application of equipment repair and reliability.
Enter changes into Functional Location Bill of Materials as they occur.
Work with area OMC and Maintenance FLL for the coordination of parts delivery and resource availability for weekly maintenance work
Work with area OMC and Maintenance FLL to track work progress and document planning improvement opportunities.
Responsible for maintaining all area equipment files, OEM Manuals, drawings, copies of all specifications, critical tolerances, repair data and area standard job plans and PM Routes.
Assist and support the OMC in keeping the notification backlog updated and manageable. Assure work orders are properly filled out for most efficient execution and for equipment history.
Must be able follow the planning process for Planning Jobs:
Review and analyze the work order.
Visit the job site.
Scope and estimate the job.
Plan the work. Determine materials availability.
Complete the work plan.
Work order follow-up.
Participate in call duty rotationOther duties as assigned
Reporting and Accountability Relationships
- Reports directly to the Manager of Central Planning.
Decision Making Authority
- Through planning, this position recommends the correct maintenance resources needed to meet the mill needs. Procurement authority resides with the area’s Business Unit Manager
- Business contacts for this position include all maintenance employees, Purchasing Department, Accounting Department, Engineering Department, Production Departments, various sales representatives, and contractors.
Education and Experience
- Technical degree and minimum of 5 years experience. Equivalent years of related maintenance experience may be considered in lieu of technical degree.
Knowledge of maintenance planning processes, contract coordination, financials, key maintenance indicators, computer software (spreadsheet, database, scheduling), and pulp and paper.
Experience utilizing SAP-PM
- Field/Office-- Extended hours required during outages.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.